At Enthuse, we’re on a mission to transform digital fundraising by building the technology that empowers great causes. Our donations, event registration, and fundraising platform currently supports more than 4,000 charities and raises over £50 million pounds a year.
Launched in 2012, we’ve come a long way — we’ve raised a Series A with social-impact focussed investors, we’ve grown to 50 people, and we’re looking to more than double that number by April 2022. It’s still early, but we’re on an incredible journey.
Reporting to the Development Team Lead you’ll be critical in finding elegant solutions to hard technical problems and building them to high-quality standards— and also help build and grow a company of smart and passionate people. And create a real impact.
How you’ll contribute
- Contribute to our mission by building new and maintaining existing features and functionality for our Fundraising and Donations platforms.
- Debugging and optimising solutions for maximum performance and user experience.
- Contributing to the complete software development process from conception to deployment
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Analysts, Designers, Engineers, and anyone else it takes to build an amazing platform.
- Be a part of our growing Engineering team — and help to shape how Engineers create an impact at Enthuse.
- Utilise a variety of frontend and backend technologies to build scalable products
- You’ll have experience with a range of frontend and backend frameworks, with a strong knowledge of React, CSS, HTML, & Java.
You have extensive experience working cross-functionally and turning insights into clean, readable and extensible code.
- You’ll be comfortable working with technologies like APIs and Microservices.
- You have experience building a robust and scalable platform in a face-paced, high-growth company.
- Experience with cloud hosting — bonus points for AWS.
- You’re not only comfortable deploying new code, but also revising, updating, debugging, and refactoring our legacy codebase.
- Experience in development processes including unit tests, feature flags, peer reviews, functional automation and agile practices.
- You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team.
What you’ll get
- A salary of £45,000 to £55,000 for the Developer role.
- We offer a generous equity options scheme at a fast-growing, stable company backed by social good investors. We give back to all our employees who get us closer to achieving our mission.
- We believe work-life balance matters and have flexible hours, working from home, and support part-time work. Also, we’ll happily hear how we could support you if that doesn’t work.
- We believe in giving back and give you one paid day to fundraise for a charity of your choice. Many of our team members also volunteer or are trustees.
- We want you to travel well with the Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan, and soon a new office when lockdown eases!
- We will support your journey through our mentor program that offers structured support from senior team members within the business and a strong network of investors and customers.
Come as you are. Love what you do.
At Enthuse, we want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at Enthuse have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
No matter what your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match — we’d love to hear from you!