At Enthuse, we’re on a mission to transform digital fundraising by building the technology that empowers great causes. Our donations, event registration, and fundraising platform currently support more than 4,000 charities raise over £50 million pounds a year.
Launched in 2012, we’ve come a long way — we’ve raised a Series A with social-impact focussed investors, we’ve grown to 50 people, and we’re looking to more than double that number by April 2022. It’s still early, but we’re on an incredible journey.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you’ll be critical in helping us realise our product vision: to empower charities with relationship-driven technology to grow their community of supporters. As you might expect, you’ll be a true customer champion - keeping a check on the pulse of our clients and the markets we operate in. You’ll also identify the problems that need solving and the opportunities that exist as part of our ongoing mission to deliver a simple, intuitive and engaging user experience for charities and donors alike. You will also help build and grow a company of smart and passionate people. And create a real impact.
How you’ll contribute
- You’ll own the product backlog & roadmap for Enthuse’s donation & fundraising products, which have generated over £110m in donations for charities to date
- You’ll make sure the things we’re working on are going to make a real difference for our users, by identifying the key problems (and opportunities) we need to solve for via a variety of data sources
- You’ll collaborate with talented individuals across product, design and closely with to rapidly scope, test and validate possible solutions
- You’ll become the “go-to” person for the donations and fundraising product, someone who knows all the ins and outs of both our users and the product
- A strong, demonstrable experience of managing features and/or products throughout the full development lifecycle - from ideation through to delivery
- A proven track record of identifying user problems and opportunities using a variety of data sources (e.g. analytics, user testing, internal feedback, competitor analysis) and building product recommendations
- Demonstrable experience creating and managing a product backlog & roadmap
- A natural and persuasive storyteller who can communicate effectively at all levels, from junior members of staff to C-suite executives
- Highly organised and able to plan, manage, track and deliver projects effectively and manage stakeholder expectations
- A self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity & able to prioritise effectively
- Has worked with both on & off-shore development teams and knows how to get the best out of them
What you’ll get
- A salary of £60 - 65k per annum for the Senior Product Manager role.
- We offer a generous equity options scheme at a fast-growing, stable company backed by social good investors. We give back to all our employees who get us closer to achieving our mission.
- We believe work-life balance matters and have flexible hours, working from home, and support part-time work. Also, we’ll happily hear how we could support you if that doesn’t work.
- We believe in giving back and give you one paid day to fundraise for a charity of your choice. Many of our team members also volunteer or are trustees.
- We want you to travel well with the Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan, and soon a new office when lockdown eases!
- We will support your journey through our mentor program that offers structured support from senior team members within the business and a strong network of investors and customers.
Come as you are. Love what you do.
At Enthuse, we want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at Enthuse have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
No matter what your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match — we’d love to hear from you!