- Why Enthuse?
What we do
Digital donation, fundraising and event reg technology, all under your cause’s brand.
Our platform helps organisations strengthen supporter relationships and gain financial predictability through a personalised and consistent experience.
Our products are super charged by a positive team of experts who strive to optimise the donation journey for the charity and make sure you’re always in control of your data.
What we’re about
Why we do it
To enable good causes to make maximum impact
To transform digital fundraising by putting charities first
To become #1 for online charity fundraising in the UK, Ireland and beyond
To do more for your causeWatch how we do more for your causeOur story
- CharityCheckout (the original name for Enthuse) is born as a simple tool to enable small charities to take online donations.
- Chester, our Founder & CEO, advocates in the House of Lords for charities to appoint digital experts as trustees – a key recommendation in the ‘Stronger charities’ report.
- CharityCheckout secures £1m in seed funding from Chris Hulatt & Simon Rogerson, Co-Founders of Octopus Group, among others. Chris later becomes Chairman of CharityCheckout.
- Chester is listed among Forbes’ 30 under 30 Top Social Entrepreneurs.
- CharityCheckout secures £2.75m investment from investors passionate about social good.
- 22 people join the team in a year, doubling our size!
- CharityCheckout acquires Primo Events to provide an all-in-one fundraising and events platform.
- CharityCheckout proudly surpasses the milestone of 1 million donations processed for over 4,000 charities, including 1 in 5 of the UK’s largest 100.
- CharityCheckout and Primo Events come together as one team under the new brand of Enthuse!
- Enthuse has helped raise over £100m for charities and has powered over 320 virtual events and hundreds of appeals throughout the crisis.
- Enthuse raises £3.5m in Series A investment from Praetura Ventures and a consortium of existing investors.
- Enthuse has been chosen as the official online fundraising partner of London Marathon Events, which include the 2022 TCS London Marathon.
- Enthuse is chosen to be the official online fundraising partner of Great Run Company, which includes the Great North Run.
As a young fundraiser, Chester developed a passion for the sector in 2008. He learned first hand that a personalised approach was the key to successful street fundraising. It helped people connect with the cause, raise awareness, and sow the seed for new supporter relationships to blossom.
By contrast, Chester felt that online fundraising was transactional. Supporters gave via fundraising websites that felt removed from the cause and put their own brand before the charity’s. The giving experience was generic and uninspiring.
That’s why he founded Enthuse, with a mission to transform digital fundraising by putting charities first.
Chester has been recognised for his work in the sector and was named among the 2018 cohort of Forbes’ 30 under 30 Social Entrepreneurs. He can always be found with his enthusiastic sidekick Capi, our office dog, or occasionally paragliding among the clouds on a day off.Our boardChris HulattChairmanJustin MighellInterim CFOMartin ByshNon-Executive DirectorBen WardleNon-Executive DirectorSim Singh-LandaNon-Executive DirectorJerome MoisanNon-Executive DirectorOur leadership teamDavid BrownTechnology DirectorLouise TullinCMO / CPORichard CraigOperations DirectorBill McIntyreHead of Content and PRMark ScobieHead of SalesSophie ClarkeCommercial DirectorWilliam Swan-BellHead of Programmes & SupportPascal TissotHead of DataTanveen PanesarHead of LegalWhy Enthuse?
Enthuse describes the feeling a donor experiences the moment they donate. It celebrates the spirit of fundraising. It encapsulates a proactive and supportive team having an impact.
A brand new chapter
Enthuse was born from the fusion of CharityCheckout and Primo Events to move beyond our payments product to fundraising and events technology. We are a challenger brand with dogged determination and a fighting spirit to transform digital fundraising for the better.
Enthuse was branded orange in memory of Heike Mojay-Sinclare, our founder’s wife, who was the spirit of the enthusiasm and support that helped him set up the company.Trusted by thousands of charities