Who are we?
Do you want to work for a business that’s doubling its revenue year on year? Do you want to deliver meaningful work that’s helping charities raise more for their causes? Do you enjoy working at the speed of a startup with the stability of a scale up? Do you want to work with a bunch of Enthusiasts? Then this could be the place for you!
Enthuse is a donations, event registration and fundraising platform that helps more than 4,000 charities raise over £50 million a year. We work with 20 of the top 100 charities. Our solutions are customised under a cause’s own brand and we put charities in control of their data. This allows charities to build and nurture a loyal supporter base, raise more and ultimately have more impact.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in London, Enthuse is backed by socially responsible investors and was named “Most Committed Company to the Sector” at the National Fundraising Awards.
Join us on our mission to transform digital fundraising for the better by putting charities first. Our core values are: Be enthusiastic. Be curious. Be reliable.
Due to our continued rapid growth, we are expanding and are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the team.
The focus of the role
This Legal Counsel will be the sole in-house legal adviser. Your duties will be broad and hands on, but typically you will provide support and/or lead on:
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
- Managing any contentious issues related to commercial agreements.
- Strategic business partnership agreements, including referral and reseller.
- Maintaining and developing internal policies, educating and training other staff on legal / compliance issues.
- Ad hoc legal and compliance research, advice and support.
- Advising internal stakeholders on changes to legislation and recommending appropriate action.
- Negotiating and managing engagements with other law firms, where necessary.
- Involvement in corporate legal activities as they arise, e.g. in relation to investment and M&A.
- GDPR compliance and dealing with customer and supplier queries relating to data privacy.
We are looking for the following
- A post qualified lawyer with 2 to 3 years post qualified experience or a Paralegal with 7 to 10 years relevant experience.
- Experience in a venture backed scale up.
- B2B SaaS or payment processing industry experience.
- Strong GDPR and data protection knowledge.
- Strong commercial negotiation skills.
- Strong policy and compliance experience.
We’d love it if you have
- Experience in a regulated industry, for example FCA and PCI DSS.
- Supporting ancillary work around future investment and M&A activity.
- Organising and administering the company’s EMI Options scheme.
You’re enthused by
- The opportunity to lay solid foundations for further growth and impact.
- The charities who we help raise more funds to further their causes.
Benefits of the role include
- We offer a generous equity options scheme: At a fast growing, stable company backed by social good investors.
- We believe work-life balance matters: Flexible start and finish times, working from home welcomed, part time roles available, wellness hours (yoga, facials and group exercise), birthday breaks (two hours back - to have a lie in, long lunch or leave early). Quarterly well-being survey to check the pulse of motivation levels - we take action on these insights.
- We celebrate together: Early Friday finish with optional team games, monthly team lunch, team activity days, virtual party evenings, daily end of day company updates, we love our #praise slack channel.
- Giving back: One paid day to fundraise for a charity of your choice, many of our team members also volunteer or are trustees.
- Support with commuting (once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted): Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, and the option to work in an office in London.
- Holiday buy back scheme: For up to 5 unused days each year.
- Mentor programme: We offer structured support from senior team members within the business and a strong network of investors and customers.
Salary and Location
The salary for the Legal Counsel role is £60-70K, depending on experience.
This role can be fully remote or can be based fully or partially in our London office.
Come as you are. Love what you do.
Our view on diversity is simple. To be enthused you need to feel valued and included. We’ll do everything in our power to make that happen.
The charities we partner with help those in need across the entire breadth and rich fabric of society. It’s important that we’re in the best place to super serve them. It’s also important that we’re a workplace people feel proud to come to every day.
We welcome applications from all identities and walks of life. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Be enthusiastic: We are can-do and proactive
Be curious: We believe progress is made by asking questions
Be reliable: You can trust us to get the job done