At Enthuse, we’re on a mission to transform digital fundraising by building the technology that empowers great causes. Our donations, event registration, and fundraising platform helps thousands of charities raise millions of pounds a year.
Launched in 2012, we’ve come a long way — we’ve raised a Series A with social-impact focussed investors. What's more, Enthuse is the official online fundraising partner for London Marathon Events and Great Run. It’s still early, but we’re on an incredible journey.
We are looking for a Payments and Compliance Lead who will be responsible for all compliance activities within the company and leading our Payments and Compliance Operations. This will involve owning and further developing processes for our compliance and risk management framework and ensuring our operational practices meet the requirements of regulators and our company standards, as well as being the designated MLRO.
The successful candidate should have experience within the payments industry, preferably within FinTechs or payment service providers and have experience in dealing with regulatory and operational compliance matters throughout the full merchant journey.
You will have a key role driving the payments and financial crime risk agenda within Enthuse and support our compliance with FCA regulation. With support of external experts, you will take a consultative approach and work closely with other teams to implement and manage AML and transaction monitoring approaches.
We are also looking for someone with broader compliance monitoring, testing and assurance experience to drive the wider risk agenda.
You will hit the ground running on day one, and so we are looking for self-starters who relish that kind of challenge and pace in helping the business.
How you’ll contribute
As Payments and Compliance Lead, you’ll be monitoring payments and compliance risk issues through to conclusion, and reporting to authorities where necessary. We’ll look to you to establish an effective gap analysis, monitoring, controlling and reporting key activities for payments and compliance initiatives and projects to efficiently coordinate actions, responses and challenges. You’ll be working in partnership with key stakeholders to make sure they fully understand the payments and compliance strategy and agenda, building a climate of continuous improvement.
You will be the go-to person for providing hands on advice and guidance on AML / transactional financial crime matters and ensuring that the business is operating in a compliant manner, helping to identify any potential risks within the business.
You will also support the compliance aspects of the relationships with various commercial payments partners and card schemes.
- Support the business with its application to the FCA for Authorised Payment Institution permission
- Lead the Payments and Compliance team (2-3 FTE)
- Ensure the business complies with all anti-money laundering, financial crime, sanctions and terrorist financing etc. requirements and other relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Review existing money laundering, financial crime, sanctions and terrorist financing policies and procedures and ensure that these remain up to date and fit for purpose and are being complied with
- Remain up to date with all financial crime related regulatory developments and assess the implications for the business and where appropriate communicate, recommend and implement changes
- Update and maintain the financial crime risk manual, internal policies and risk assessments to ensure these are up to date and fit for purpose and cover all relevant parts of the business
- Be responsible for end to end payment processing through management of the relationships with third party providers
- Be responsible for day to day management and reconciliation of client monies and payouts, including managing the response to customer queries
- Coordinate our Financial Conduct Authority reporting and be the main point of FCA contact
- Pull together risk reporting and analysis for senior management
- Have responsibility for managing the risk event process, including supporting the business with appropriate investigations and root cause analysis, and tracking actions through to resolution
- Escalate risk events to appropriate senior management
- Work with the stakeholders on lessons learned investigation requirements, ensuring that these are completed with actions implemented to prevent re-occurrence
- Triage and respond to ongoing compliance requests and queries
We’re looking for someone with extensive operational experience within a FCA Authorised Payment Institution. You’ll have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively on complex matters, alongside the interpersonal skills to work with, influence and support senior management on critical projects.
You will have:
- Experience in financial crime compliance and working within FCA Authorised Payment Institution regulatory framework, with monitoring testing and assurance experience
- Experience of the end to end online payment processing cycle, specifically including merchant acquiring, gateway products and services, and managing relationships with suppliers of those services
- Skilled understanding on how to carry out and assess customer due diligence
- Proficient knowledge of transaction monitoring procedures
You’ll also need:
- A proven ability to interpret regulatory requirements and communicate them to operational teams in an understandable and digestible manner
- A pragmatic, commercial and creative approach to problem solving and decision-making
- A customer focused mindset, with an eye for detail
- The ability to work independently and the enthusiasm to keep learning and honing your expertise
- Leadership experience and the ability to develop and motivate junior team members
- To be a team player with great people skills who can effectively and efficiently collaborate, building relationships with colleagues throughout the business
- Project management experience with excellent time management skills and the ability to work at pace
- The desire to directly contribute to the growth of both Enthuse and the thousands of amazing charities we support
We would love it if you had
- Previous experience with applications for FCA permissions
- Understanding of wider risk management and regulatory compliance within a SaaS, FinTech or Payment Services environment
What you’ll get
- A salary of £60,000 for the Payments and Compliance Lead role
- 2 days a week in our London office, 3 optional work from home days
- We celebrate together with an early Friday finish with optional team drinks, team incentives, and a variety of company socials
- We believe in giving back and give you one paid day to fundraise for a charity of your choice
- We want you to travel well with the Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan, and a London-based office
- We will support your journey through our learning and development program with an allowance for training each year and Personal Development Plans, as well as a mentor program that offers structured support from senior team members
- Holiday allowance: 25 days holiday and bank holidays (33 in total). We increase holidays based on length of service, so for every year you’re with us, you’ll get an additional day’s holiday up to 28 days. We also offer an additional 5 days of unpaid holiday
- We offer a generous equity options scheme at a fast-growing, stable company backed by socially responsible investors. We give back to all our employees who get us closer to achieving our mission
- Private health insurance coverage
- Places for Races, as partners of London Marathon Events and Great Run, we get access to a number of participant places for major fundraising events. So if you're a keen runner, swimmer or cyclist - you could be in luck
Come as you are. Love what you do.
At Enthuse, we want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at Enthuse have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
No matter what your background, identity, or even if you experience doesn’t exactly match — we’d love to hear from you!