At Enthuse, we’re on a mission to transform digital fundraising by building the technology that empowers great causes. Our donations, event registration, and fundraising platform helps thousands of charities raise millions of pounds a year.
Launched in 2012, we’ve come a long way — we’ve raised a Series A with social-impact focussed investors, we’ve grown to close to 90 people, and we’re looking to continue growing at an accelerated pace. What's more, Enthuse is the official online fundraising partner for London Marathon Events and Great Run. It’s still early, but we’re on an incredible journey.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, you’ll be critical in producing and maintaining complete, accurate and timely financial information, implementing a strong financial control environment and driving continuous improvement of Finance processes. You'll help build and grow a company of smart and passionate people. And create a real impact.
How you’ll contribute
- Managing accounting preparations/operations (Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, General Ledger, Cost/Project Accounting and Revenue Recognition).
- Providing support with coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, reporting any variances.
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly/quarterly/year-end consolidated management accounts.
- Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts.
- Administer payroll and handle queries related to payroll
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded and filed (bank & merchant account reconciliations (e.g. Stripe, Paypal).
- Ensuring all financial reporting is compliant with statutory law and financial regulations (VAT, PAYE, etc).
- Controlling the flow of customer funds between processing platforms, bank accounts and customers.
- Documenting business processes and accounting policies when appropriate (or keeping them up to date) to maintain and strengthen internal controls as well as ensure sustainability of the operation and the finance department.
- Streamlining and improving accounting systems and operations (e.g. Xero).
- Overseeing the management of cash flow, debt/debt collection, expenses, refunds, etc.
- Supervising and managing the finance team and collaborating when required with other business functions.
- Managing the year-end accounting process and liaising with external advisers as required.
- Contributing to company financial strategy and decision-making processes.
- You have proven working experience as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller.
- You’re a qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA, preferably with 3+ years of experience.
- You have experience with consolidated management reports and financial statements.
- You have strong technical knowledge, especially regarding controls and process implementation.
- You have experience administering payroll.
- You support external advisors on preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- You liaise with accountants with statutory reporting requirements.
- You are able to work independently to tight month/year-end deadlines in scale-ups.
- You are proficient in Xero, MS Excel, Google Sheets and financial modelling skills.
- You have excellent attention to detail, good analytical skills, and the ability to analyse numbers quickly and accurately and to communicate them easily to non-finance colleagues.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong curiosity, in other words, you don't require an invitation to explore and learn independently.
- You are not afraid of challenging the status-quo and suggest improvements
We'd love it if
- You are experienced in payment processing and SaaS accounting is highly desirable.
- You are able to collaborate and challenge cross-functionally and be the voice of finance within the business.
- You are experienced in presenting (verbal and written) financial information at a senior level.
- You are able to communicate with key stakeholders, both internal and external, and to communicate and work collaboratively with non-finance colleagues and with employees at all levels.
What you’ll get
- A salary of £40K to £50K for the Financial Controller role, depending on experience.
- The option to work from home up to 3 days a week.
- We celebrate together with an early Friday finish with optional team drinks, team incentives, and a variety of company socials.
- We believe in giving back and give you one paid day to fundraise for a charity of your choice.
- We want you to travel well with the Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan, and a London-based office.
- We will support your journey through our learning and development program with an allowance for training each year and Personal Development Plans, as well as a mentor program that offers structured support from senior team members.
- Holiday allowance: 25 days holiday and bank holidays (33 in total). We increase holidays based on length of service, so for every year you’re with us, you’ll get an additional day’s holiday up to 28 days. We also offer an additional 5 days of unpaid holiday.
- We offer a generous equity options scheme at a fast-growing, stable company backed by socially responsible investors. We give back to all our employees who get us closer to achieving our mission.
- Private health insurance coverage.
- Places for Races, as partners of London Marathon Events and Great Run, we get access to a number of participant places for major fundraising events. So if you're a keen runner, swimmer or cyclist - you could be in luck.
Come as you are. Love what you do.
At Enthuse, we want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at Enthuse have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
No matter what your background, identity, or even if you experience doesn’t exactly match — we’d love to hear from you!