At Enthuse, we’re on a mission to transform digital fundraising by building the technology that empowers great causes. Our donations, event registration, and fundraising platform helps thousands of charities raise millions of pounds a year.
Launched in 2012, we’ve come a long way — we’ve raised a Series A with social-impact focussed investors, we've grown our team to close to 90 people, and we're looking to continue growing at an accelerated pace. What's more, Enthuse is the official online fundraising partner for London Marathon Events and Great Run. It’s still early, but we’re on an incredible journey.
We're looking for a Senior Compliance Manager who will hold the according to the FCA's requirements and report to the COO.
You will firstly support the submission of our application to become an Authorised Payment Institute with the FCA (Enthuse is already registered as a Small Payments Institution (SPI) and has been steadily increasing its payment volumes). Oversee and evolve our compliance controls, policies and processes and required operations to ensure we continue to meet all our regulatory compliance obligations and maintain an effective compliance program.
The successful candidate should have experience within the payments industry, preferably within FinTechs or payment service providers and have experience in dealing with regulatory and operational compliance matters throughout the full merchant journey.
You will have a key role driving the payments and financial crime risk agenda within Enthuse and support our compliance with FCA regulation. With support of external experts, you will take a consultative approach and work closely with other teams to implement and manage AML and transaction monitoring approaches.
We are also looking for someone with broader compliance monitoring, testing and assurance experience to drive the wider risk agenda.
You will hit the ground running on day one, and so we are looking for self-starters who relish that kind of challenge and pace in helping the business.
How you’ll contribute
As Senior Compliance Manager, you'll be monitoring payments and compliance risk issues through to conclusion, and reporting to authorities where necessary. We'll look to you to establish an effective gap analysis, monitoring, controlling and reporting key activities for payments and compliance initiatives and projects to efficiently coordinate actions, responses and challenges. You'll be working in partnership with key stakeholders to make sure they fully understand the payments and compliance strategy and agenda, building a climate of continuous improvement.
You will be the go-to person for providing hands on advice and guidance on AML / transactional financial crime matters and ensuring the business is operating in a compliant manner, helping to identify any potential risks within the business.
You will also support the compliance aspects of the relationships with various commercial payments partners and card schemes.
- Act as the firm's nominated compliance officer
- Support the submission of Enthuse’s application to become an Authorised Payment Institute with the FCA
- Be responsible for optimising and evolving the internal AML / CTF policies and procedures
- Provide hands-on advice and guidance of all aspects of regulation including FCA
- Develop and maintain existing compliance processes and ensure the implementation of appropriate controls that reflect business and regulatory requirements
- Ensure accurate responses and reports to the regulator
- Work with all relevant partners, financial institution partners and regulatory authorities
- Conduct compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintain oversight of developments affecting business activities
- Develop strategies to identify risks, create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance breaches
- Prepare reports to senior management and the Board of Directors to communicate all relevant compliance issues and escalate any important or high-risk compliance issues
- Work with internal teams to identify clear steps necessary to avoid regulatory risks and provide solutions
- Cultivate an appreciation and culture of compliance throughout all departments
- Keeping up to date with pertinent UK regulations and laws and conversant with the FCA Handbook
- 5+ years of Financial Services Compliance exposure (Ecommerce payments solutions experience desirable), or having the experience to take that step up
- Operational knowledge in running a sound compliance programme, with hands-on knowledge and an understanding of regulatory requirements for the UK
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management and third-party stakeholders
- Ability to build collaborative working relations with peers, colleagues and with remote based teams with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrable knowledge of current UK regulations and relevant laws
- An approachable and personable persona with the ability to liaise with all levels
- An analytical mindset
What you’ll get
- A salary of £60k - £70k for the Senior Compliance Manager role, depending on experience
- The option to work from home up to 3 days a week
- We celebrate together with an early Friday finish with optional team drinks, team incentives, and a variety of company socials
- We offer a generous equity options scheme at a fast growing, stable company backed by social good investors. We give back to all our employees who get us closer to achieving our mission
- We believe work-life balance matters and have flexible hours, working from home, and support part-time work
- We believe in giving back and give you one paid day to fundraise for a charity of your choice. Many of our team members also volunteer or are trustees
- Holiday allowance: 25 days holiday and bank holidays (33 in total). We increase holidays based on length of service, so for every year you’re with us, you’ll get an additional day’s holiday up to 28 days. We also offer an additional 5 days of unpaid holiday
- We want you to travel well with the Cycle to Work scheme and season ticket loan
- We will support your journey through our mentor program that offers structured support from senior team members within the business and a strong network of investors and customers
- Private health insurance coverage with plenty of benefits through Vitality
- Places for Races! As partners of London Marathon Events and Great Run, we get access to a number of participant places for major fundraising events. So if you're a keen runner, swimmer or cyclist - you could be in luck
Come as you are. Love what you do.
At Enthuse, we want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at Enthuse have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
We're also open to part-time applicants for this role.
No matter what your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match — we’d love to hear from you!
Be enthusiastic: We are can-do and proactive
Be curious: We believe progress is made by asking questions
Be reliable: You can trust us to get the job done